What is Plan-B technology?
Plan-B™ technology is a streaming multimedia format optimized for screencasts. Screencasts are videos recorded from the screen of a computer. Screencasts show software in action. The raw recording of a Plan-B screencast is edited and annotated in order to be used to teach software.
Plan-B screencasts show an exact screen recording of a software program in use, annotated by callout bubbles. These educational screencasts answer frequently asked questions in a way users easily understand. The technology is entirely based on Java™ and can therefore be played in any Java™ enabled Browser. Read more…
How can I use it?
Plan-B screencasts teach a specific function of an application. They do so much faster than any written step by step instructions or How-To's. Our customers use them to:
- Answer frequently asked support questions
- Demo the general user interface of an application
- Show new functions as part of the release notes
- Demo new functions in pre-release software, without risking crashes or malfunction
- Document Intranet applications
- Document any software application
If you can show it to your colleague, you can make it a Plan-B?
Can you Show Me?
"Google™" with spelling correction demonstrates a Google search with the keyword(s) misspelled. It shows how Google's advanced technology makes the user aware of his/her potential mistake and offers a correction.
Why would I use Plan-B?
- To reduce costs for software support by up to 50%! Software support is expensive and repetitive. 20% of the questions are asked 80% of the time. With only a few Plan-B screencasts you can achieve a significant cost reduction. It pays for itself in no time.
- To gain competitive advantage! In todays market, service is key. Offering excellent service does differentiate one provider from another. With Plan-B you show your commitment to good service which translates into loyal customers.
- To increase customer retention! Keeping Customers happy is a priority in any business. Users love Plan-B screencasts! Because screencasts are very effective at teaching software, almost as effective as a personal tutor. However they cost less, so you can afford to give them to your customers as part of your service.
- To raise brand awareness! Plan-B screencasts do strengthen your marketing efforts. Each screencast is branded with your company logo. This makes it perfectly clear who is providing the service and reinforces your brand.
In short, Plan-B technology saves you time and money!
But isn't Plan-B expensive?
Plan-B screencasts of standard applications, such as
Mind Your Own Business (MYOB®)
are priced at $75 each
for a limited time.
Tell me, "How often do you or your staff spend 10 minutes answering your most frequently asked question over the phone?" If you do it once a month, an investment in the Plan-B screencast answering it for you, will bring you a Return on Investment (ROI) of 133% per year.
How to order your Plan-B?
Plan-B screencasts are branded with your logo and therefore produced on a project basis. Please go to "How-To order Plan-B?" for detailed information about the ordering process.
Java™ is a trademark of Sun Microsystems, Inc. in the U.S. or other countries.
Google™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
MYOB® is a registered trademark of MYOB Technology Pty Ltd.
QuickBooks® is a registered trademark of Intuit Inc.